Stronger Every Day

I hope that this Blog will make you laugh, cry, and pray. I am not any stronger by my own power. I am not stronger by my own experiences. I am stronger every day that I lean on Jesus, My Savior, My Strength, My Friend.

06 February 2010

Off to the races…well maybe another day…

Ok. I REALLY wanted to head downtown to see the start of the Yukon Quest this morning, but I guess my body wasn’t looking forward to standing out in the cold to watch 300 dogs run down the frozen river. Yes, I slept until 9:30 this morning. Yes, I know that the race started at 11am. While I can usually wake up and get ready in about an hour, I just wasn’t feeling it this morning. Coupled with the fact that I didn’t really know where I was supposed to go for parking or watching the start… I lived with the illusion that we could make it in time until about 10:30. I was still getting dressed. My husband came into our room, and I confessed to him that I was done trying to rush us out the door.
We have since decided that we are  going to head out today, but not to the races.
We have all gotten a lot of requests for pictures of our beautiful town, so we are going to go drive around town and take pictures. We are also going to take some pictures of the other member of the family, Monte. Monte is Darren’s vehicle, the 1995 Mitsubishi Montero that we acquired right before we left Fort Hood. Monte has had a lot of adventures with us. He brought us to the St.Lewis Arch, Mount Rushmore, carried us safely through Canada, and protected us as we followed an ATV trail down the back side of Birch Hill.
So look for some more pictures in the “Where’s Monte?” folder on my facebook profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment